Current Affairs April 2016
Current Affairs April 2016
Here we divided this month (Current Affairs April 2016) into below three parts.
1) Important Days in April.
2) Questions Current Affairs April 2016.
3) Important Notes-Updates April 2016 around the world.
Important Days in April
- 2th April – World Autism Awareness Day.
- 6th April – International Day of Sport.
- 7th April – World Health day.
- 21st April – Civil service day.
- 22nd April – World Earth day.
- 23rd April – International Day of the Book.
- 24th April – Panchayat Divas.
- 26th April – World Intellectual Property Day.
Questions Current Affairs April 2016
- Who has been appointed by Lambda Therapeutic Research as its new President?
- Who has launched the ISBN portal?
Answer:- The Union Human Resource Development Minister ‘Smriti Irani’.
- Which is the first state in India to clear land title Bill?
- How Much Amount Centre Releases To States For MGNREGA?
Answer:- Rs.12, 230 crore.
- Who has been sworn as the president of Kosovo?
- Recently Who Launched the Transnational Skill Standards in India?
Answer:- Union Minister Rajiv Pratap Rudy.
- Name the person who has been appointed as the new director of TNCA?
Answer:- D. Vasu.
- Name the author and journalist who has passed away recently?
Answer:- Yogendra Bali.
- Who is appointed as next Ambassador of India to Norway?
Answer:- Debraj Pradhan.
- Name the person who has been appointed as the new CEO of Go Javas?
Answer:- Amitabh Coomar.
- Who is appointed as brand ambassadors of Andhra Pradesh tourism?
Answer:- Ajay Devgn and his wife Kajol.
- What is the new programe lanuched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi for Agriculture?
Answer:- National Agriculture Market portal eNAM to connect e-mandis.
- What is new name of Panagarh airbase?
Answer:- Air Force Station Arjan Singh.
- Name The Recently Appointed as Prime Minister Of Ukraine?
Answer:- Volodymyr Groysman.
- Free Wi-Fi service (Rail Tel) at Railway stations is provided by?
- Who has been appointed as member of US cyber security body?
Answer:- Ajay Banga.
- Malick Sidibe has passed away recently He his Famous for Which Field?
Answer:- Malian Photographer.
- World Heritage Day was observed all over the world on?
Answer:- 18 April.
- The world’s largest Charkha is to be installed at which airport?
Answer:- Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi.
- What is the name of the Indian Army Conducts Exercise in Rajasthan?
- How many toilets will be constructed by TCS under Swachh Vidyalaya Abhiyan?
Answer:- 1,509 toilets.
- Who Launches “DEEP” E-Bidding & E-Reverse Auction Portal”?
Answer:- Piyush Goyal.
- Which State has recently launched Mission Drinking Water?
- Who is New chairman of IGNCA?
Answer:- Ram Bahadur Rai.
- New Chairman of NMA is?
Answer:- Susmita Pande.
- Who is AIBA ambassador for Women’s World Championship?
Answer:- Mary Kom.
- Name the Pop superstar who has passed away recently?
Answer:- Prince Rogers Nelson.
- Who has conferred with the French top honor?
Answer:- Tara Gandhi Bhattacharjee.
- Between which two Asian countries agree for peaceful negotiations to settle border issue?
Answer:- India, China.
- International Day of the Book is observed on which date?
Answer:- April 23.
- Union cabinet accorded the nod Indian Institute of Science Education and Research to function from a Temporary campus in which city of Andhra Pradesh?
- Who is the Chadian President?
Answer:- Idriss Deby (5th time).
- Who has won the 2016 Pulitzer Prize for fiction?
Answer:- Viet Thanh Nguyen.
- “Twinning Network Program on Chemical Ecology” has been launched in which of the following state of India?
- Satyanand Munjal Passed Away he is belongs which Group of industry?
Answer:- co-founder of Hero Cycles group.
- Dipa Karmakar belongs to which sport?
- Name the person who has been awarded with the highest French civilian honour?
Answer:- Former Army Chief General JJ Singh.
- Who won the Saraswati Samman award 2015?
Answer:- Jammu-born poet and novelist Padma Sachdev.
- Which government has decided to change the name of the two cities recently?
Answer:- Haryana The New Names of Gurgaon as Gurugram and Mewat as Nuh.
- Recently which state launched ‘PoochhO Carpool app’?
Answer:- Delhi government.
- Who is appointed as anti-corruption official in BSNL?
Answer:- Deepak Kashyap.
- Who is the author of the book “The Story of Kashmir through the Ages”?
Answer:- Arjan Nath Chaku.
- Who has been appointed as the goodwill ambassador for the Indian contingent bound for the Rio Olympics?
Answer:- Salman Khan.
- India has ratified the new TFA of which organization?
Answer:- WTO (World trade Organization).
- Who won the 2016 Barcelona Open?
Answer:- Rafel Nadal.
- Pakistan Foreign Secretary to visit Delhi for ‘Heart of Asia’ meet, what is Name of Pakistan Foreign Secretary?
Answer:- Aizaz Ahmad Chaudhry.
- Who was Launches Cancer Care Campaign In North-east?
Answer:- Dr. Jitendra Singh.
- Agri-Plastic Park is located at Which Place?
Answer:- in Vijayawada Soon.
- Manoj Bajpayee will receive the Dadasaheb Phalke award for which movie?
- Who won the 2016 Formula 1 Pirelli Chinese Grand Prix?
Answer:- Nico Rosberg.
- Who has become the Gujarat’s first woman DGP?
Answer:- Geetha Johri.
- Who has been appointed chief selector of Pakistan?
- India is likely to buy 145 M777 Howitzers for _ to equip its Mountain Strike Corps?
Answer:- US$ 750 MILLION.
- Which country test-Fires ‘Iskander’ Tactical Ballistic Missile?
- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme was launched by whom?
Answer:- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on 22nd January 2015.
- Laureus World Sports Award winners of this year?
Answer:- Novak Djokovic (Men), Serena Williams (Women).
- Name the three countries which have finalized the draft for the Chabahar Agreement?
Answer:- India, Afghanistan and Iran.
- According to the report Indian advertising industry will grow by how much percentage?
Answer:- 12 %.
- The 14th meeting of Foreign Minister of India, Russia and China was held at which place?
Answer:- Moscow, Russian Federation.
- In Which Place Prime Minister Narendra Modi Launched Stand Up India Scheme?
- William Bill Campbell has passed away. Who is Willam Bill?
Answer:- The Silicon Valley coach and mentor.
- Which has become the world’s first region to element malaria completely?
- Who Is New chairman For Nasscom (National Association of Software and Services Companies) ?
Answer:- CP Gurnani.
- Which railway zone becomes largest freight loading Zone?
Answer:- EcoR (East Coast Railway).
- World Health Day Observed on?
Answer:- 7th April.
- Most powerful business woman in Asia Acordingto Forbes?
Answer:- Nita Ambani.
- Kamla Advani passes away Who is She?
Answer:- wife of senior BJP leader L.K. Advani.
- Who has been named as the brand ambassador of Premier futsal football league?
- The Ukrainian Prime Minister, _ announced his resignation?
Answer:- Arseniy Yatsenyuk.
- Name the person who has been appointed as the CFO of Indus Towers?
Answer:- Mr. Hemant Kumar Ruia.
- Which teams have won the Asian Kho Kho Championship Title?
- IMF has projected How much percentage of growth in 2016-17?
Answer:- 7.5 %
- UNICEF and _ University signed an MoU to empower the adolescents 10-19 years?
- Recently Who won the ‘Global Indian of the Year’ award?
Answer:- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
- Name the Campaign which recently launched by PM in Madhya pardesh?
Answer:- Gramodaya se Bharatodaya Abhiyan (village self-governance).
- India’s first aadhaar-based atm launched by which bank?
Answer:- DCB BANK.
- Which country placed topped position in Credit Suisse emerging consumers scorecard 2016?
- Which Countries have made an agreement to build the bridge on Red Sea?
Answer:- Saudi Arabia And Egypt.
- Which Team won the Asian Nations Cup Chess 2016 tournament?
Answer:- India men Team It was the third time that Indian men won the event.
- Most powerful business woman in Asia According to Forbes?
Answer:- Nita Ambani.
- Govt. inaugurates ‘Namma Toilet’ in Delhi under which scheme?
Answer:- Swachh Bharat Mission.
- Which country Is world’s largest remittance recipient in 2015?
- SAWEN is a regional network comprises of _ countries in South Asia?
Answer:- 8 countries.
- Name the super-computer which has recently been unveiled at NIT Sikkim?
Answer:- Param Kanchenjunga.
- India and _ signed a Agreement on Namami Gange Programme?
- Who has won the FBB Femina Miss India World 2016?
Answer:- Priyadarshini Chatterjee.
- India and Maldives have signed in _ different sectors to boost bilateral relations?
- Who is the Brand Ambassador of Skill India?
- Recently which country join the membership of IMF?
Answer:- Nauru (Tiny South Pacific island nation).
- India ranks _ in 2016 Global Connectivity Index?
- Who has won the 2016 Sultan Azlan Shah Cup?
- Which state Government launched Bhimrao Ambedkar Awas Yojana For Widows?
- Who appointed The Iceland’s new prime minister?
Answer:- SigurdurIngi Johannsson.
- Which State Has Recently launches ‘Maa Annapurna Yojna’ Scheme?
- Recently who is appointed as Haryana Lokayukta?
Answer:- NK Aggarwal.
- Former Union Minister of State who has passed away recently in Mizoram?
Answer:- Mr. C Silvera.
- Who has won Malaysian Open for 2016?
Answer:- Lee Chong Wei.
- Recently which state announced to start plantation pro gramme in July?
- Which actress has been conferred with the Dadasaheb Phalke Film Foundation Award 2016?
Answer:- Priyanka Chopra.
- Pakistan Navy has successfully test-fired shore-based _ ?
- Who has won the International Boxing Federation Title for the year 2016?
Answer:- Anthony Joshua.
- Danny Willett is Famous In Which Field?
- Soni Chaurasiya Belongs To which Field?
Answer:- Kathak Dancer.
- The 3rd Asia Ministerial conference on tiger conservation will be held at which place?
Answer:- New Delhi.
- Maritime India Summit 2016 Held At?
Answer:- Goregaon, Mumbai.
- The International Day of Sport for Development and Peace was observed On?
Answer:- 6 April.
- Vishwanathananand to be honored with which award?
Answer:- Hridaynath Mangeshkar.
- Which state government imposes complete ban on alcohol?
- Myneni Hari Prasad Rao (88-years) passed away who is he?
Answer:- The architect of Madras Atomic Power Station (MAPS).
- Which State Government launches 100 Adarsha Vidyalayas?
- Mother Teresa has been conferred with which awards in UK recently?
Answer:- Founders Award.
- Who has inaugurated the water films festival recently?
Answer:- The Union Minister Uma Bharti.
- France and _ Launch $1 Trillion Potential Solar Programme?
- On Which Date National Panchayati Raj Diwas Observed?
Answer:- 24 April.
- The IRNSS-1G Launched On 28th April 2016 From which spacecraft station?
Answer:- Sriharikota (Andhra Pradesh).
- The Heart of Asia conference 2016 held On?
Answer:- New Delhi (26 April).
- Common wealth Judo Championships 2018 Venue?
- The Reserve Bank of India has cut down repo rate by Which Percent?
Answer:- is as follows by sequence:
-Policy Repo Rate : 6.50%
-Reverse Repo Rate : 6.00%
-Marginal Standing Facility Rate: 7.00%
-Bank Rate : 7.00%
-CRR : 4%
-SLR : 21.25%.
Important Notes-Updates April 2016 around the world
- LAVA International Announces MS Dhoni As Its Brand Ambassador.
- Bharti Airtel First Entity To Get Payments Bank License From RBI.
- Tata starts U.K. steel sale.
- IIT-Kharagpur Wins Top Award For Patents.
- India’s Shiv Shankar Prasad Chawrasia, who honoured as the Hilton Asian Tour Golfer of the Month for March 2016 in Sentosa, Singapore.
- Golden Tobacco Ltd begins implementing 85% pictorial warning rule on its cigarette packs.
Sushila Karki- First female Chief Justice of Nepal’s Supreme Court.
- Akash Missile System successfully test fired.
- Unified Payments Interface Launched.
- Centre Appoints Finance Secretary Ratan Wattal As liaison Officer With J&K.
- MoU Between India And Bangladesh On Cooperation In The Field Of Fisheries.
- UNICEF’s Fairness for Children report card, released ranks Canada 26 out of 35 affluent nations.
- National airports operator AAI is expected to report an all-time high revenue of Rs10,000 crore, with an estimated flat profit growth in the fiscal ended March 31 this year.
- Indian Railway on for the first time used an unmanned air vehicles or drones to inspect the ongoing work on the Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC) project.
- Minister of State for Culture and Tourism Dr. Mahesh Sharma released a memorial Coin of Rs. 200/- and a Circulation Coin of Rs. 10/- on Tatya Tope on the occasion of his Martyr Day in New Delhi.
- Indian Navy to grant permanent commission to women, allow lady officers aboard warships.
Union Government renames Department of Disinvestment as DIPAM.
- The government of India has merged ‘Rajiv Gandhi Khel Abhiyan Yojana’, ‘Urban Sports Infrastructure Scheme (USIS)’ and ‘National Sports Talent Search Scheme (NSTSS)’ with ‘Khelo India’.
- The Government of India approved assistance of Rs 842.7 crore for Karnataka, Puducherry and Arunachal Pradesh, which have been affected by drought or floods.
Read More GK
Remember- Practice will Make you Perfect. So always do it for your examination success.