Current Affairs January 2016
Current Affairs January 2016
Hello our Reader’s.
We gkquestionbank presented the Current Affairs January 2016 in this post. This all news and update will be definitely sure to increase your current affairs gk and you will also aware about the current news about January 2016.
(1st JANUARY 2016)
- National Centre for Good Governance appointed DG – Dr Gyanendra D Bandgaiyan.
- Bjorn Isberg named as Tournament Director of 2016 Hockey India League.
- LRSAM or BARAK 8 missile was successfully test fired from – INS Kolkata.
- Union Cabinet gives nod for India Australia – Civil Nuclear Cooperation deal.
(2nd, 3rd and 4th JANUARY 2016)
- 2015 SAFF championships won by- India.
- Telangana state launched e-Vahan Bima Scheme.
- Airbase has been attacked by Terrorist – IAF Airbase at Pathankot.
- Union Government to fund education of minorities has signed Financing Agreement with – World Bank.
- Union Government announced setting up of CCL Sports University in – Jharkhand.
(5th JANUARY 2016)
- After 27 years years India-Nepal Bus Service resumed.
- 2015 Costa Novel Prize for A God in Ruins won by – Kate Atkinson.
- Abid Ali Neemuchwala appointed as the CEO of Wipro.
(6th JANUARY 2016)
- Who has been conferred with 2015 Col. CK Nayudu Lifetime Achievement Award – Syed Kirmani.
- Name the power plant commissioned by BHEL in Telangana – 600 MW Kakatiya Thermal Power Plant.
- Name the scheme launched by Union Government in Uttar Pradesh – Ganga Gram Yojana.
- Who has signed MoU under UDAY Scheme – Jharkhand Government & JBVNL.
- How much percent representation of women in CAPFs has been approved by the Union Government – 33 %.
- Who is the new cheif of UNHCR – Filippo Grandi.
- Where did the World’s largest blue star sapphire discovered – Sri Lanka.
(7th JANUARY 2016)
- Who has won gold at Swedish Cup Grand Prix – Apurvi Chandela.
- MoU between India and Singapore in the field of civil aviation approved by – Union Cabinet.
- Who has been elected as General President of 105th Indian Science Congress – Achyuta Samanta.
- Name the Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister who has passed away – Mufti Mohammad Sayeed.
- Who has resigned as Test captain of South Africa – Hashim Amla.
- Who has been appointed as India metals business CEO by Vedanta – Samir Cairae.
- Which noted Gujarati writer has passed away – Labshankar Thakar.
(8th JANUARY 2016)
- Who has been appointed as Chairman of Competition Commission of India – Devender Kumar Sikri.
- Who has been appointed as CEO of NITI Aayog – Amitabh Kant.
- With whom did Rajasthan inked deal to provide clean drinking water – Cairn Enterprise Centre Society.
- Name the Indo-French military exercise started – Shakti-2016.
- Which health care project is implemented by Kerala – Sampoorna Arogya Keralam.
(9th JANUARY 2016)
- Which soldiers will march down Rajpath on Republic Day 2016 – French soldiers.
- In which state norms for erecting memorials of national leaders and others notified – Maharashtra.
- What companies will transport fly ash free of cost to road construction site in Odisha – Thermal power.
(10th JANUARY 2016)
- Online initiative to engage LPG consumers and citizens was launched by – Union Govt.
- Who was named as Prime Minister of Burkina Faso – Paul Kaba Thieba.
- Who was re-appointed as RBI Deputy Governor for another three years – Urjit Patel.
(11th JANUARY 2016)
- Name the singer of Rhythm and blues who has passed away – Otis Clay.
- Who has won Chennai Open title – Stanislas Wawrinka.
- Who has won Brisbane Tennis trophy – Sania Mirza & Martina Hingis.
- DRDO successfully test fired – New Tank Ammunition for Arjun MBT.
- Where did the 14th Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas held – New Delhi.
- Name the book authoured by Jain Acharya Maharaj – MARU BHARAT SARU BHARAT.
- Where did the International Kite festival started – Ahmedabad.
- Which country is elected as UNICEF’s executive board member for 2016-2018 – Nepal.
- 2016 Brisbane International Tennis men’s singles trophy won by – Milos Raonic.
(12th JANUARY 2016)
- National Youth Day observed on – 12th January.
- Name the first Tibetan language search engine – Cloud Tibet.
- India’s second centre to produce a cloned buffalo – CIRB.
- Lokmanya Tilak-Kazipet Anandwan Express flagged by – Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu.
- Which state has became the first to make gender education compulsory at graduate level – Telangana.
- Who has won Ballon d’Or award 2015 – Lionel Messi.
- Which dance has entered Guinness Book of World Records – Kullu’s Nati folk.
- Who has took the oath as the Chairman of Competition Commission of India – Devender Kumar Sikri.
- Who has been appointed as Vice Chairs of Council Board in USIBC – Edward Monser and Punit Renjen.
- Name the 1971 Bangladesh Liberation War Hero who has passed away – Lieutenant General J.F.R. Jacob.
- Which company has inked MoU to set up naval facility in Vishakhapatnam – Reliance Group.
- Where did the 20th National Youth Festival inaugurated – Naya Raipur.
(14th JANUARY 2016)
- 2nd Liquid Chemical Berth of Mumbai Port Trust inaugrated by – Nitin Gadkari.
- Sugar Cess (Amendment) Bill, 2015 approved by – President.
- Name the committee formed on Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Corridor – Arvind Panagariya committee.
- Name the scheme approved by the Union Cabinet to boost the farming sector – Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana.
(15th JANUARY 2016)
- Which state government has signed four MoUs with Singapore – Madhya Pradesh Government.
- Name the Muslim Personal Law Board spokesman who has passed away – Mohammed Abdul Rahim Qureshi.
- Which Harry Potter actor has passed away – Alan Rickman.
- Which country has formed 4-member EPG to review agreements with India – Nepal.
- A loan agreement has been signed between the Union Government with World Bank for – Neeranchal National Watershed Project.
- Name the anti-tank missile successfully test-fired by DRDO in Rajasthan – Anti-tank missile Nag.
(16th JANUARY 2016)
- Name the joint Coast Guard exercise conducted by India and Japan – Sahyog-Kaijin 2016.
(17th JANUARY 2016)
- Which two airways have entered into Frequent Flyer Partnership – Jet Airways and Bangkok Airways.
- How many services are launched by the Union Government to strengthen public health infrastructure – 4 Mobile Health Services.
- Where did the 61st Filmfare Awards presented – Mumbai.
(18th JANUARY 2016)
- Who has won 2016 DSC Prize – Anuradha Roy.
- Where did the first infected case of mosquito-borne Zinka virus recorded – US.
- Start-up India initiative launched by – PM Narendra Modi.
- Which rocket has been launced by NASA launched – SpaceX Falcon 9 Rocket.
- Who has become the first female President of Taiwan – Tsai Ing-wen.
(19th JANUARY 2016)
- Who has won the 2016 WTA Apia International Sydney title – Viktor Troicki.
- Name the Senior Bharatiya Janata Party leader who has passed away – Daulatrao Aher.
- Which state has been declared as the first organic farming state of India – Sikkim.
(20th JANUARY 2016)
- Which satellite was successfully launched by PSLV-C31 – IRNSS-1E satellite.
- 35 percent reservation for women in government jobs was approved by – Bihar Cabinet.
- Maharashtra Government and Tata Trust signed MoU for skill training of youth.
- Global Talent Competitiveness Index 2015-2016 was launched by – INSEAD.
- Who won Lady Wigram Trophy motor race – Indian driver Jehan Daruvala.
(21st JANUARY 2016)
- CCEA approved six-laning of NH-2 in – Jharkhand and Bihar.
- MoU on cooperation in space exploration signed by – ISRO & Kuwait Institute.
- Union Cabinet approved amendments in – Power Tariff Policy.
- Second largest black hole in Milky Way discovered by – Japanese astronomers.
- The Z Factor written by Subhash Chandra released by – PM Narendra Modi.
(22nd JANUARY 2016)
- Which scheme has been launched in Jammu and Kashmir – Nai Manzil Scheme.
- Who has won an Oscar Award for technical achievement – Rahul Thakkar.
- Name the new bird species found in India – Himalayan Forest Thrush.
- Which hotel has been named the world’s best hotel of 2016 – Jodhpur’s Umaid Bhawan Palace.
(23rd JANUARY 2016)
- Who has signed MoU to develop National Action Plan for Skill Development in Telecom Sector – MSDE & DoT.
- Which country has lifted nuclear sanctions on Iran – Japan.
(24th JANUARY 2016)
- World Economic Situation and Prospects 2016 report was launched by – UNESCAP.
- Shankar Ghosh passed away, he was a – Renowned Tabla player.
(25th JANUARY 2016)
- Name the Malayalam film actress who has passed away – Kalpana Ranjani.
- Which two countries have signed 16 pacts including chopper venture – India & France.
- Where did the India’s largest flag with tallest flagpole hoisted – Ranchi.
- State’s first Solar Power operated Mini-Water Supply Plant commissioned in – Maharashtra.
- Name the scheme launched by Union Government for online booking of LPG cylinders – Sahaj Scheme.
(27th JANUARY 2016)
- In which state, President Rule has been imposed – Arunachal Pradesh.
- Which two countries have signed 14 Agreements including 36 Rafale Aircraft deal – India & France.
- Who has been honoured with Order of Australia – Kerala dentist Sajeev Koshy.
(29th JANUARY 2016)
- Which state has decided to impose ban on polythene from January 2017 – Madhya Pradesh.
- Who has been appointed as Lokayukta of Uttar Pradesh – Justice Sanjay Mishra.
- Who has won gold in Senior National Rowing Championship – Navneet Kaur & Santosh Kadale.
- Commemorative Coin of 150 rupees & Circulation Coin of 10 rupees on Lala Lajpat Rai released.
- 1st batch of 20 smart cities announced by – Union Government.
- Who has won 2016 Australian Open women’s doubles tennis title – Sania Mirza & Martina Hingis.
(30th and 31st JANUARY 2016)
- Who is the chief coach of Sri Lanka – Graham Xavier Ford.
- Which country has revealed first stealth fighter aircraft X-2 – Japan.
- Who has been appointed as Chief Marketing Officer of Twitter Inc – Leslie Berland.
- Which day was observed globally on 30th January 2016 – Anti-Leprosy Day.
Read More GK
Remember- Practice will Make you Perfect. So always do it for your examination success.