1-Month Study Plan for SSC Steno Grade C & D 2019-20 Exam
The Staff Selection Commission conducted Stenographer Grade C & D examination recruits for vacancies across Ministries/Departments in offices of Central Government throughout States and Union Territories. The exam is slated for December 24th-30th 2020. With the exam dates stretched this long, it is difficult to keep up a consistent level of preparation throughout the months.
Therefore, here we present a week-wise study plan of 4 weeks along with the best SSC Stenographer preparation books so that you can be ready for it in the best way possible for SSC Steno Grade C&D 2019-20 exam.
SSC Stenographer Preparation 2020: Exam Pattern
The SSC Stenographer 2020 Question Paper comprises of three parts, of which the Part 3 English Language section commands the highest weightage in terms of marks and questions. You have a total of 2 hours to complete the exam. Moreover, there applies a penalty of -0.25 marks for every incorrect answer. Take a look at the following table to know more.
|Part I General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50||
|Part II General Awareness||50||50|
|Part III English Language||100||100|
SSC Stenographer Preparation 2020: Study Plan
To crack the SSC Stenographer 2020 Question Paper here is a carefully crafted week-wise study plan for you.
|Week 1||General Intelligence and Reasoning [GIR]
Inequalities, Coding-Decoding, Clocks, Puzzles, Seating Arrangement, Dates & Calendars
|English Language [EL]
Reading Comprehension sets, Sentence Correction, Error Detection
|General Awareness [GA]
Current Affairs and Events, Indian Constitution & Polity, Important Institutions [Domestic & International] and current changes
|End of Week 1||1 GIR Test + 1 EL Test + 1 GA Test + 1 Mock Test [You can alternate as per your suitability]|
|Week 2||General Intelligence and Reasoning
Order & Rankings, Directions, Cause & Effect, Assertion & Reason, Statements & Conclusion , Data Sufficiency,
Jumbled Sentences, Grammar, Active & Passive Voice, Fill in the Blanks
Indian and World History, Film & Television, Science & Technology, Indian & World Geography, Culture, etc.
|End of Week 2||1 GIR Test + 1 EL Test + 1 GA Test + 1 Mock Test [You can alternate as per your suitability]|
|Week 3||General Intelligence and Reasoning
Advanced Coding-Decoding, Advanced Puzzles, Syllogism, Partnership, Blood Relation
Cloze Test, Vocabulary [Synonyms, Antonyms, One-word Substitution], Idioms & Phrases, etc.
Important Dates, Events & Anniversaries, Environment & Ecosystem, Personalities, Sports, Currency, Books & Authors, etc.
|End of Week 3||1 GIR Test + 1 EL Test + 1 GA Test + 1 Mock Test [You can alternate as per your suitability]|
|Week 4 [Day 1st-Day 3rd]||General Intelligence and Reasoning
Revise General Intelligence and Reasoning concepts, techniques and strategies
Attempt Reading Comprehension sets, core Grammar portions, Error Detection, Sentence rearrangement, Vocabulary
Revise Current Affairs, Indian Constitution & Polity, National Issues, Important Institutions [Domestic & International] and current changes, Indian & World History, Culture, Books & Authors, Dates
|1 GIR Test + 1 EL Test + 1 GA Test + 2 Mock Test [You can alternate as per your suitability]|
|Week 4 [Day 4th-Day 6th]||Revise and revisit important topics and exam strategies.
Refresh important formulae and strategies.
Do not dive into new topics.
Attempt one and if possible two full-length rigorously timed mock tests every day for three days only, i.e., only until Day 6 of Week 4. Leave it after that.
|Exam Day||Do not attempt any test on the night before exam day.
Get all geared up for your exam.
SSC Stenographer Preparation 2020: Tips
Augment the above plan with the following SSC Stenographer Preparation 2020 pointers.
- To get the best out of the table, utilise it flexible shifting the sections up or down as per your strengths and weaknesses. Keep solving mock tests from the latest SSC Stenographer preparation books and improving yourself.
- SSC Stenographer Preparation Books: SSC Stenographer Grade C & D Guide 2020 by Arihant Experts; SSC Stenographer Grade C & D Practice Sets by Arihant Experts, Ultimate Guide to SSC Stenographer Grade C & D by Disha Experts; Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R. S. Aggarwal [S Chand Publications]; Analytical Reasoning by M.K. Pandey [BSC Publishing].
- Time Management: You will be given 2 hours to attempt 200 questions in total out of which 100 will be from the English Language. This translates into 36 seconds per question and you must take this as a strict rule. As soon as you cross this mark, if you are not done with the question, mark it for revision and move on to the next question. An important tip you may find across many SSC Stenographer preparation books is to devote around 60-65 minutes to English Language and 55-60 minutes on the rest two sections.
- English Language Questions Breakdown: In English Language, Reasoning Comprehension and Cloze Test account for 15 questions each. Further, Active/Passive Voice, Sentence Correction, Direct/Indirect Speech, Error Detection and Fill in the Blanks all have a weightage of 10 questions each.
- Strategy: As an answering strategy to ace the SSC Stenographer 2020 question paper, you must have an aim of anywhere around 163-178 questions correct to clear the cut off which hovers about 50% marks i.e. 150. The overall difficulty level of the paper also stands at easy-moderate level with the General Intelligence and Reasoning section being quite easy.
- Starting Approach: The right beginning is the half the work done. Our suggestion is to start with the General Intelligence and Reasoning section since it typically is rated as an easy section. Thus, getting it done first builds up much-needed confidence. Then, move on to the English Language since it is quite time-intensive. Keep the General Awareness as it will be fact-based. Also, do not forget to skim through the paper once when you start to get a rough idea.
The best way to attempt the SSC Stenographer 2020 Question Paper is to be confident and to not panic. All the best.