Last Updated on June 15, 2019 by GKQUESTIONBANK
Brief Notes About F-16 Fighting Falcon Aircraft (F-16)
Hello GKQUESTIONBANK Readers. Recently the F-16 Fighting Aircraft got major headlines in News and Media around the world. So we made a short description about the F-16 Fighting Aircraft.
Below you can read up-to Top 20 key points about F-16 Aircraft.
- The General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon is a single-engine supersonic multi role fighter aircraft originally developed by General Dynamics (now Lockheed Martin) for the United States Air Force (USAF).
- The F-16’s official name is “Fighting Falcon”.
- 4,604 F-16 aircraft have been built (June 2018) since production was approved in 1976.
- 20 January 1974 the F-16 aircraft first unplanned flight was done.
- In 1993, General Dynamics sold its aircraft manufacturing business to the Lockheed Corporation (currently known as Lockheed Martin).
- F16 designed as an air superiority day fighter, it evolved into a successful all-weather multi role aircraft.
- The Fighting Falcon’s key features include a frame-less bubble canopy for better visibility.
- It has side-mounted control stick to ease control while maneuvering, an ejection seat reclined 30 degrees from vertical to reduce the effect of g-forces on the pilot.
- It has an ejection seat reclined 30 degrees from vertical to reduce the effect of g-forces on the pilot.
- F-16 has an internal M61 Vulcan cannon and 11 locations for mounting weapons and other mission equipment.
Read Next 10 Points:
- F-16 is world’s most numerous fixed-wing aircraft in military service.
- Boeing and the U.S. Air Force tested an unmanned F-16 in September 2013 over the Gulf of Mexico.
- There had been 4,500 F-16s delivered until July 2010.
- F16 is compatible with Air-to-air missiles, Air-to-surface missiles and Anti-ship missiles.
- Length of F16 aircraft is about 15.06 m.
- Wingspan of F16 aircraft is about 9.96 m.
- Height of F16 aircraft is about 4.88 M.
- Max. takeoff weight of F-16 aircraft is about 19,200 Kg.
- Internal fuel capacity in F-16 aircraft is 3,200 Kg.
- In 1998 the One F-16C/D cost was US$18.8 million.
Please Note- Source: Wikipedia
Thank You For Read This Post. Please SUBSCRIBE US for upcoming GK & Current Affairs Updates.
Also Read GK Notes About MIRAGE 2000 Fighter Aircraft: