This Post Last Updated On
COVID-19 Latest Updates 2020 By GKQUESTIONBANK
Hello Readers of GKQUESTIONBANK. Hope you are fit & fine and staying in your home. As the government of the country announced for the lock down for 21 days, our team also working from home to give you latest knowledge about Coronavirus i.e, COVID-19. Below we have covered the latest news and updates regarding Novel Coronavirus Epidemic.
Please note: Information mention in this post and our site regarding CORONA VIRUS ‘COVID-19’ is as same as the WHO Site, Government of India Site and Biggest News Sites. You can do cross check the information on our site with those portals.
COVID-19 Latest Updates & News World Wide | WHO News Release
Coronavirus Latest Updates:
- Till May 15th, 2020 81,970 people have been affected by Coronavirus in India and 27,920 have been recovered. 2,649 people have been died due to Coronavirus.
- The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has started working on a plan to find knowledge of the community spread of Coronaviruses in 75 districts of India.
- In India, Maharashtra state has been the worst affected due to the Coronavirus pandemic. There are 6,427 cases of the Coronavirus with more than 283 deaths (till 23 April 2020) in the state.
To prevent the coronavirus epidemic from spreading in the country, on 14 April 2020, the Prime Minister of India ‘Shri Narendra Modi’ extended the lock-down period in the country to 3 May 2020.
- Due to the Coronavirus 1,783 new deaths were recorded in 24 hours on 10 April 2020 in the United States.
- Till the morning of April 10, 2020 there were total 199 deaths recorded in India since the Coronavirus Pandemic.
- In India, total number of confirmed cases of novel coronavirus surged to 5,194 and the death toll touched 149 on April 8, 2020. Till on this date there was total death of 82,992 worldwide and 14,41,128 infection cases were confirmed. 3,07,819 people also recovered from Coronavirus disease till April 8, 2020.
- Official data on Coronavirus by Indian Government can be found at https://www.mygov.in/covid-19/.
- #IndiaFightsCorona is the official term used by Indian Government to motivate people for fight against Corona Virus.
- For increase access to quality-assured, accurate tests for COVID-19, WHO listed the first two diagnostic tests for emergency use.
These test are:-
1) Real-Time PCR diagnostic test for Coronavirus (COVID-19).
2) Cobas SARS-CoV-2 Test.
- Government of India also setup a web page on MyGov where people can donate to fight against Coronavirus in the country.
- MyGov.In is the platform where people can donate at this web address after login in the site https://www.mygov.in/task/india-fight-corona-donate-now/.
- Due to the outbreak of Novel Coronavirus, the Government of India under Prime Minister Narendra Modi ordered a nationwide lock-down for 21 days on 24 March, 2020.
- As of 2 April, there were 111 confirmed cases among UN personnel worldwide.
- On March 9th 2020, Cyprus announced its first two confirmed cases of coronavirus. Until April 4th, there was 426 confirmed cases.
- China contributions to WHO for COVID-19 appeal was US$ 2,01,00,000 (till April 3, 2020).
- People can support WHO by donate through the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund at www.who.int/Covid19ResponseFund/.
- WHO Rapid Response Team (RRT) was deployed to Italy in March, 2020 when infection and casualty numbers were starting to climb dramatically.
- https://www.who.int/ is the website of released by WHO (World Health Organisation) on Coronavirus Updates and Information.
- The COVID-19 virus spreads primarily through droplets of saliva or discharge from the nose when an infected person coughs or sneezes, according to WHO.
- According to WHO website: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus.
Above Updates Source: Google News, Who.int, Mygov.in, Thehindu.com, Mohfw.gov.in, Timesofindia.indiatimes.com etc.
READ – BEST 50 QUESTIONS ON CORONA VIRUS :