Current Affairs for February 2016
Current Affairs 2016 (February)
We gkquestionbank presented the Current Affairs for February 2016 in this post. This post have all major news, update and it will be definitely sure to increase your C.A – GK and read after below all points in a very easy way you will also aware about the current news and events in February 2016.
(1st FEBRUARY 2016)
- Kidambi Srikanth won Syed Modi International Championship title.
(2nd FEBRUARY 2016)
- Vietnam lifted ban on import of Indian groundnut.
- UK granted licence to use gene editing techniques on human embryos.
- India & Afghanistan have signed pact for visa-free travel by diplomats.
(3rd FEBRUARY 2016)
- Who has been appointed as Chief Justice of the Gujarat high Court – Justice Ramayyagari Subhash Reddy.
- Odisha Government has extended Aahar cheap meal scheme to 29 districts.
- Who will head the United Nations Disengagement Observer Force – Major General Menon.
- Which state has won 61st National School Athletics championship – Kerala.
(4th FEBRUARY 2016)
- Who has been appointed Vice President of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – DJ Pandian.
- World Cancer Day 2016 observed on – 4th February.
- Sarangi maestro Pandit Ram Narayan selected for Bhimsen Joshi Award.
- Who has been appointed as first women head of Indian Cost Accounting Service – Aruna Sethi.
(5th FEBRUARY 2016)
- Reliance Infra signed Agreement with – Birla Corp.
- Prime Minister dedicated Brahmaputra Cracker and Polymer Limited to Nation.
- Who has won Global Filmmaking award 2016 for script of Insha Allah – Geetu Mohandas.
- Which country has signed an agreement to become an Associate Member State of EMBO – India.
- NASA’s New Horizons mission spotted floating hills on which planet – Pluto.
(6th FEBRUARY 2016)
- National Organic Farming Research Institute will be set up by Union Government in – Sikkim.
(7th to 8th FEBRUARY 2016)
- Paradip Oil Refinery in Odisha was inaugurated by – Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Which country became first to ban supermarket food waste – France.
- Who has inaugurated Rise of Digital India Exhibition in Colombo – Sushma Swaraj.
- Sudhir Tailang passed away, he was a noted – Cartoonist.
- Who was appointed as President of International Grown Diamond Association – Vishal Mehta.
(9th FEBRUARY 2016)
- Name the Former Nepal Prime Minister who has passed away – Sushil Koirala.
- Who has won the gold in squash individual at the South Asian Games – Joshna Chinappa.
- Who has been appointed as Executive Vice Chairman of TERI – Rajendra K Pachauri.
- Where did the new species of Hydroid Polyps emitting green fluorescence discovered – Red Sea.
- Which storm has lashed parts of Britain – Storm Imogen.
- Who has won Chappell-Hadlee Trophy – New Zealand cricket team.
- Who has been appointed as President of South Asian Wrestling Federation – Brij Bhushan Singh.
- Who has won India Handloom tag – Chettinad cotton saree.
(10th FEBRUARY 2016)
- Where did the 9th Indo-Nepal Combined Battalion level Military Training Exercise Surya Kiran started – Uttarakhand.
- Who has been appointed as Chief Justice of Bombay High Court – Justice Dhirendra Hiralal Waghela.
- Who has became fastest cricketer to make 10 ODI centuries – Quinton de Kock of South Africa.
- Which state has proposed to develop INS Viraat as Tourism Center – Andhra Pradesh.
(11th FEBRUARY 2016)
- Which animal has been notified as Vermin for a year by MoEF – Wild Boar.
- Which island will get electricity from Independence Day 2016 – Elephanta Island.
- Who has took charge of Director of United Nations Information Centre in Buenos Aires – Tamar Hahn of Israel.
- Which country’s National Assembly has voted for stripping of nationality for terrorists – France.
- Name the Veteran director who has passed away – Aurobindo Mukherjee.
- Between whom an agreement on Cyber Defense Cooperation was inked – NATO & EU.
(12th FEBRUARY 2016)
- Which two countries have signed nine agreements including renewable energy and finance – India & UAE.
- Name the Soviet football legend who has passed away – Anatoli Ilyin.
- Which country has named women ministers for happiness, tolerance – UAE.
- Which book has been launched by Amar Chitra Katha – Book titled A Kingdom for his Love.
(13th FEBRUARY 2016)
- Name the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi who has visited India – Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
- Who has been appointed as Director of Indian Institute of Millets Research – Vilas Tonapi.
- Which umpire has been banned by BCCI – Pakistan umpire Asad Rauf.
- World Radio Day was observed on – 13th February 2016.
(14th FEBRUARY 2016)
- Make in India week event stage went up in flames, where this unfortunate thing happened – Girgaum Chowpatty Mumbai.
(15th FEBRUARY 2016)
- Who has been appointed as Chairman of TERI – Ashok Chawla.
- Who has won 2016 St. Petersburg Ladies Trophy – Sania Mirza & Martina Hingis.
- Who has won ICC U19 Cricket World Cup – West Indies.
(16th FEBRUARY 2016)
- Tata Teleservices subsidiary mRUPEE tied-up with – IRCTC.
- Where did the 1st Mega Food Park of Jharkhand inaugurated – Getalsud.
- Who has launched Team Swachh clinics in partnership with BCCI – ICC Cricket for Good & UNICEF.
- Who has won the ATP Argentina Open – Dominic Thiem.
- Which two countries have inked MoU on technical cooperation in rail sector – India & Sweden.
(17th FEBRUARY 2016)
- Which missile has been successfully test-fired by India – Prithvi II missile.
- Which government launched Utkarsh Bangla Scheme for school-dropouts – West Bengal government.
- Where did the First Silk Road train arrived in – Tehran from China.
- Which city has been declared as the cleanest city in India – Mysuru.
- Who has won 36th National Chess Team Championship – Indian Railways.
(18th FEBRUARY 2016)
- Which foundation has collaborated with Maharashtra Government for water conservation – Paani Foundation.
- Who has won Israel Prize for Religious Studies for Research on India – David Shulman.
- Trade Facilitation Agreement approved by – Union Cabinet.
- Where will Apple set up Technology Development Centre – Hyderabad.
- Which state has announced Free Bus Pass Scheme for senior citizens – Tamil Nadu.
(19th FEBRUARY 2016)
- Who has inked a new law imposing sanctions against North Korea – US President Obama.
- Who has received Raksha Mantri’s Trophy for Best Service Hospital – Eastern Command.
(20th FEBRUARY 2016)
- Name the person whose name is entered into Guinness Book of Records for writing 3524 songs – Sameer Anjaan.
- Name the astronomy satellite launched by Japan – ASTRO-H.
- Who has been named chairman of GST committee of state FMs – Amit Mitra.
(21st to 22nd FEBRUARY 2016)
- Who was sworned is as new Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh – Kalikho Pul.
- High-thrust Cryogenic Engine CE-20 was successfully tested by – ISRO.
- Who was appointed as new Chief Justice of Orissa High Court – Justice Vineet Saran.
- India inked seven agreements including utilisation of Indian grant of 250 million US dollars with – Nepal.
- Who won 2016 Welsh Open – Ronnie O’Sullivan.
- Which team won 2016 Hockey India League – Punjab Warriors.
- Rurban Mission in Chhattisgarh was launched by – PM Narendra Modi.
(23rd FEBRUARY 2016)
- Who has won silver in Asian Indoor Athletics Championships – Long jumper Prem Kumar.
- E-Governance Vision 2020 of Election Commission of India.
- Which state has became sixth to join discom revival scheme UDAY – Bihar.
- Who has won 2016 Sait Nagjee Trophy – Ukraine’s FC Dnipro.
- Who has been appointed as MD and CEO of MSEI – Udai Kumar.
(24th FEBRUARY 2016)
- Who has been appointed as Director of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre – KN Vyas.
- Name the exercise started between India, South Africa, Brazil – IBSAMAR.
- Which project has been approved by Assam Cabinet – Metro Rail.
(25th FEBRUARY 2016)
- Which company has been ordered by the US court ordered to pay 72 million dollar for cancer death – Johnson & Johnson.
- Which film will be honoured with Remi Award – Tamil film Kanavu Variyam.
- Railway Budget 2016-17.
- Who has sworn-in as Chief Justice of Karnataka High Court – Justice Subhro Kamal Mukherjee.
- Who has approved proposal to establish Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) and SETU in NITI Aayog – Union Cabinet.
(26th FEBRUARY 2016)
- Who has won Green Bond Pioneer Award – YES Bank.
- Who has became the first non-navy officer to head Indian Coast Guard – Rajendra Singh.
- Which list has been released by Forbes – 30 Under 30 Asia List.
- Who has been conferred with Cross of the Order of Merit, Germany’s prestigious award – Goverdhan Mehta.
- Who has received Aryabhata Award 2013 – Ex-DRDO Chairman Dr Avinash Chander.
(27th and 28th FEBRUARY 2016)
- Who has been selected for Dinanath Mangeshkar award – Ranveer Singh.
- Who has been elected as FIFA President – Gianni Infantino.
- Who was appointed as first Chairman of Banks Board Bureau – Vinod Rai.
- Who inaugurated Kerala Tourism’s Muziris Heritage Project – President Pranab Mukherjee.
(29th FEBRUARY 2016)
- Which day is observed on 28th February – National Science Day.
- Name the famous Tamil comedy actor who has passed away – Kumarimuthu.
- Which state has imposed ban on sale of Army Uniforms in the state – Punjab.
- Who has been elected as Chairperson of Governing Council of IFAD – Dinesh Sharma.
Read More GK
Remember- Practice will Make you Perfect. So always do it for your examination success.