Last Updated on April 16, 2019 by GKQUESTIONBANK
Current Affairs of the Month March 2016
We gkquestionbank presented the Current Affairs of March 2016 in this post. This all news and update will be definitely sure to increase your current affairs gk and you will also aware about the current news about March 2016.
(1st MARCH 2016)
- Which state has been declared as the first digital state of India – Kerala.
- Who has won 1st All India Open Invitational Snooker Championship 2016 – Rahul Sachdev.
- Which airport has bagged three international awards – IGI airport.
- Who has won FMSCI Motorsports Man of the Year Trophy – Armaan Ebrahim.
- Who has became the first Asian to win Golden Reel Award – Resul Pookutty.
- Who has acquired cement units of Jaiprakash Associates – UltraTech.
- Who has won first ever auction of an Indian gold mine – Vedanta Limited.
(2nd MARCH 2016)
- Who has won gold in 50km race walk at National Championships – Basanta Bahadur Rana.
- India signed MoU with World Bank for – Madhya Pradesh Higher Education Quality Improvement Project.
- Who has been named for 11th META theatre award – Ratan Thiyam.
- Who has won Grete Lundbeck European Brain Research Prize – Three British scientists.
- Which cricketer has been suspended for illegal bowling action – Aaron Phangiso.
(3rd MARCH 2016)
- Who has been selected for 2015 Bihari Puraskar – Poet Dr Bhagwati Lal Vyas.
- Which state has became the first to launch HPV vaccine as public health programme in schools – Delhi.
- Forbes list of World Billionaires 2016 released.
- World Wildlife Day observed on – 3rd March.
- Who has been appointed as MD and CEO of MCX – Mrugank Paranjape.
(4th MARCH 2016)
- Who has won ACM 2015 A M Turing Award – Martin Hellman and Whitfield Diffie.
- Which day is observed on 4th March – National Safety Day and National Safety Week.
- Which project has been launched to make National Highways free of Railway crossings – Setu Bharatam project.
- Where did the World’s costliest train station opened – New York.
- Name the CEO of Micromax Informatics Limited who has resigned – Vineet Taneja.
(5th MARCH 2016)
- Who has won gold in 50m pistol event at ISSF World Cup – Jitu Rai.
- Who has launched 300 million rupee Uridashi Masala Bonds in Japan – IFC.
- Who has been promoted as international Umpire by FIH – Napoleon Singh.
(6th MARCH 2016)
- Two-day National Conference of Women Legislators was held in – New Delhi.
- Standard to 119 HU & Colours to 28 ED of IAF was presented to IAF by – President Mukherjee.
- Innovation Award 2016 for developing laterite based arsenic water filter was presented to – Sirshendu De.
(7th MARCH 2016)
- Name the inventor of E-mail who has passed away – Ray Tomlinson.
- Who has been awarded with Krutitava Smagra Samman – Padma Sachdev.
(8th MARCH 2016)
- Who has won 2016 WGC-Cadillac Championship – Golfer Adam Scott.
- Which renowned Malayalam actor has passed away – Kalabhavan Mani.
- Where did the new species of burrowing snake discovered – Western Ghats.
- Which tennis player has been provisionally suspended after failing drug test at Australian Open – Maria Sharapova.
- The largest ever military exercises began between – South Korea and US.
- Which day is observed on 8th March – International Women’s Day.
(9th MARCH 2016)
- Bureau of Indian Standards Bill, 2015 passed by – Rajya Sabha.
- Who has won Gold at World Team Table Tennis Championship – Indian men and women.
- Which bank has became first to get Small Finance Bank license from RBI – Capital Local Area Bank.
- Widow Marriage included under – Mukhyamantri Kanya Vivah Yojana.
- Which two states have singed 5 MoUs to facilitate construction of irrigation barrages across Godavari – Maharashtra & Telangana.
- 2015 Nari Shakti awards presented by – President Pranab Mukherjee.
(10th MARCH 2016)
- Which bill has been passed by the Lok Sabha – Enemy Property Amendment Bill 2016.
- Who has been elected President of Aluminium Association of India – Tapan Kumar Chand.
- First-ever NCC Girls Everest Expedition flagged off.
- Which satellite has been launched by ISRO – Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System-1F.
(11th MARCH 2016)
- Who has been appointed 21st Law Commission Chairperson – Former SC Judge BS Chauhan.
(12th MARCH 2016)
- Fulbright – Kalam Climate Fellowship was launched by which two countries – India and US.
- Clean My Coach service was launched by – Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu.
- India will be supplying 18 Meter Gauge Diesel Electric Locomotives to which country – Myanmar.
(13th MARCH 2016)
- India, IMF signed an agreement to set up SARTTAC.
- Who has won Golden City Gate Award – Kerala Tourism campaign.
- Which programme has been launched by the Union Power Minister announced for LED based Domestic Efficient Lighting – UJALA.
(14th MARCH 2016)
- Who has won All England Badminton title – Lin Dan.
- Maritime India Summit 2016 will be held in – Mumbai.
- Which unmanned spacecraft to Mars, launched jointly by Russia and Europe – ExoMars 2016.
- Name the Indian and Indonesia joint training exercise began at Magelang – Garuda Shakti IV.
- Who has won Santosh Trophy of Football – Services.
- Who has been chosen for IAA Editor of the Year – Sanjay Gupta.
(15th MARCH 2016)
- Who was elected as first civilian President of Myanmar – Htin Kyaw.
- Which programme will enable Students to act as Tourist Facilitators – Parytak Mitra.
- Name of Indian scholar who was appointed as Vice Chancellor of Canberra University – H Deep Saini.
- Pope Francis announced whose name to be granted Sainthood – Mother Teresa.
- World Consumer Rights Day – 15th March.
- YES Bank inked MoU with – India Brazil Chamber.
(16th MARCH 2016)
- Which day is observed on 10th March – World Kidney Day.
- Which day is observed on 16th March – World Consumer Rights Day.
- Who has been suspended by UN as goodwill ambassador after doping allegations – Maria Sharapova.
- Who is the author of Gandhi: An Illustrated Biography – Pramod Kapoor.
(17th MARCH 2016)
- 30 Most Influential People on the Internet list released by – TIME magazine.
- Which country has became second biggest investor in London – India.
- Sikh Gurdwaras (Amendment) Bill, 2016 passed by – Rajya Sabha.
- Who has been appointed Governor of Bangladesh Bank – Fazle Kabir.
- Who has been appointed as Goodwill Ambassador by UNDP – Michelle Yeoh.
(18th MARCH 2016)
- Who has resigned as Director of Royal Challengers Sports Private Limited – Vijay Mallya.
- Who has launched FCI’s Depot Online System – Union Minister Ram Vilas Paswan.
- Which famous magician has passed away – Paul Daniels.
- Who has been appointed as CEO of AirAsia India – Amar Abrol.
(19th MARCH 2016)
- Ministry of Railways and ISRO signed MoU for – Remote Sensing and GIS Technologies.
(20th MARCH 2016)
- International Day of Happiness was observed on – 20th March 2016.
- Which bank became first to the sell off Indian Gold Coin (IGC) in the domestic market – Indian Overseas Bank.
- Indian inked pact with which country to avoid double social security contribution – Australia.
- Best Film award in Asian film awards went to – The Assassin.
(21st MARCH 2016)
- Who has been appointed as advisor to Khadi and Village Industries Commission – Ritu Beri.
- Who has won 2016 Swiss Open men’s singles title – HS Prannoy
- Who has won gold medal in Asian Olympic Qualification Tournament – Yogeshwar Dutt.
- Which day is observed on 21st March – International Day of Forests.
- Which day is observed on 20th March – World Sparrow Day.
- Who has became the first Indian to win Gold Medal in Asian 20 Kilometer Race Walk – Gurmeet Singh.
- Name the exercise Indian Air Force conducted in Pokhran – Exercise Iron Fist.
(22nd MARCH 2016)
- Name the Former Intel Chairman and CEO who has passed away – Andrew Grove.
- Who has been nominated as first US female Combatant Chief – Lori Robinson.
- Who has topped Britain’s Asian Rich List 2016 – Hinduja Brothers.
- Name the mobile app launched to help farmers to take the technology to farm fields – Pusa Krishi.
- Who has won BNP Paribas Open titles – Novak Djokovic & Victoria Azarenka.
- 5th National Photography Awards presented.
(23rd MARCH 2016)
- Justice H L Dattu was appointed as member of – International Coordinating Committee Bureau.
- Which scheme was launched by Union Government for farmers – Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bhima Yojana.
- When was World Poetry Day 2016 observed – 21 March.
- Where will be 8th BRICS Summit held – Goa.
(24th MARCH 2016)
- Broadband connectivity to NE States was inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi via which country – Bangladesh.
- Which country is hosting 9th International Abilympics – France.
- Name of the fast patrol vessel which was commissioned in Indian Coast Guard – ICGS Arnvesh.
- When was World Tuberculosis Day 2016 observed – 24th March.
(25th MARCH 2016)
- Name the Radar system established by ISRO – GIRI Radar System.
- Which Australian player has announced retirement from international cricket – Shane Watson.
(26th and 27th MARCH 2016)
- BHEL commissioned Power Plant in Telangana – 600 MW Jaipur Thermal Power Plant.
- UNSC extended mandate of UN Assistance Mission until March 2017 to which country – Somalia.
- To mobilise long term investment into NIIF Union Cabinet approved MoU between – India and UAE.
- 2016 World’s Greatest Leaders list released by – Fortune.
(28th MARCH 2016)
- In which state President rule was imposed – Uttarakhand.
- Health Minister JP Nadda launched which vaccine as part of Universal Immunization Programme – Rotavirus vaccine.
- Padma awards 2016 were confered to 56 awardees by – President Pranab Mukherjee.
- When was World Theatre Day 2016 observed – 27th March 2016.
- For which state World Bank approved $250 million loan to Support Electricity Distribution Sector Reforms – Rajasthan.
(29th MARCH 2016)
- Who has won 2016 World Chess Candidates Tournament – Sergey Karjakin.
- Which number has been approved as Single Emergency Number for India – 112.
- Which project has been dedicated to people of Andhra Pradesh – Pattiseema Lift Irrigation Project.
(30th MARCH 2016)
- Which Country has approved OVL deal to acquire 15% stake in Vankor oilfield for $1.3 billion – Russia.
- Who took Oath As Myanmar’s First Elected President – Htin Kyaw.
- Which country has launched 22nd BeiDou Navigation Satellite – China.
- RBI Signed Special Currency Swap Agreement With the Central Bank of which country – Sri Lanka.
(31st MARCH 2016)
- 13th India-EU Summit held in – Brussels, Belgium.
- Which new mobile app has been launched by Telangana IT Minister & Transport Minister – M-Wallet.
- Union Government announced unified building bye-laws for which state – Delhi.
Read More GK
Remember- Practice will Make you Perfect. So always do it for your examination success.