These are top 10 GK and Current Affairs key notes you should know about Amazon:
(1) American multinational technology and E-commerce company Amazon, to hire 150,000 seasonal workers in the United States this year 2021.
(2) Due to increased union activities in the United States, companies are increasing wages to attract workers especially in end-of-year shopping period.
(3) In 2020, Amazon.Com announced 100,000 seasonal jobs in US.
(4) In September 2021, Amazon also increased its average starting wage in the country to more than $18 an hour.
(5) According to the Amazon, seasonal roles will also include sign-on bonuses of up to $3,000.
(6) In Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia and Illinois, the highest number of seasonal jobs will be available.
(7) For the Christmas season in United Kingdom, Amazon also started recruiting for 20,000 seasonal position from September 2021.
(8) In July 5th, 1994 ‘Jeff Bezos’ founded the Amazon.
(9) Currently Amazon sells millions of products worldwide while it was started from as a bookseller website.
(10) A slogan “Get Big Fast,” was given by the company in starting to the employees and Amazon also grow fast. In October 1997, it had 1,000,000 customer accounts.
For More Current Affairs Topics 2021 Updates Please SUBSCRIBE – GKQUESTIONBANK.COM By Email Today.
This Post Last Updated On: October, 19th 2021