Last Updated on December 13, 2017 by GKQUESTIONBANK
GK Latest Important Notes for SSC Examinations 2016
Here we have updated the GK Latest Important Notes for SSC Examinations 2016 and 2017 for your exam preparation.
This includes the economic aspect of Indian Economy and relations with world economy.
Also it’s includes the notes about current news and financial and some banking system notes. Government latest step taken on this year and planning of government. Notes about Games and some geography notes with astronomy notes are included.
So Read all these Notes and make better preparations for your upcoming ssc examinations. Lets Increase your GK now.
GK Notes 2016
(1) The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs launched Pradhan ‘Mantri Ujjwala Yojana’ to provide free LPG connections to women from BPL households (about 1 cr. 50 lakh households will get this benefit).
(2) Most awaited the Crop insurance scheme named ‘Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bhima Yojana’ launched in the Mumbai.
(3) Radha Mohan Singh the Union Agriculture Minister launched a new mobile application name as ‘Pusa Krishi’ to will help the farmers to take the technology to farm fields.
(4) Indian boxer Sonia Lather won a silver medal at the AIBA Women’s World Championship in 57 kg category.
(5) US Golfer Dustin Johnson maiden his maiden Major golf title in the 116th US Open.
(6) India has been allotted the Commonwealth Judo Championships 2018.
(7) Recently the China successfully launched a remote sensing satellite ‘Yaogan-30’ into sun-synchronous orbit (SSO) using the Long March-2D rocket.
(8) Rajasthan Government has recently launched a mobile app called as – ‘RajVayu’ for sharing information about air quality index of Jaipur, Udaipur & Jodhpur.
(9) Minister of Railways ‘Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu’ has launched “NIVARAN portal” to facilitate the employees to lodge their grievances & also monitor the progress.
(10) According to the WHO, New Delhi was the 11th most-polluted city in the World as mention in urban air quality database report based on data collected between 2008 & 2013.
(11) In the Oscars 2016 Best Picture Award won by ‘Spotlight’.
(12) Recently Union Government has banned the use of potassium bromate as a food additive on the recommendation of FSSAI.
(13) Britain has voted by 52 % to 48 % to leave the European Union after 43 years in a historic referendum.
(14) Nepal became a dialogue partner with Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (based in Beijing).
(15) Juno spacecraft (made by the NASA) has successfully entered the orbit of planet Jupiter.
(16) From Varanasi a ‘Kathak dancer’ has broken the world record of longest dance performance by continuously dancing for 123 hours & 30 minutes.
(17) In the Wimbledon Championships 2016 Men’s Singles Title won by Britain’s Andy Murray. He defeats Milos Raonic of Canada in straight sets in Wimbledon final to win.
(18) 2016 Formula 1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix won by Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg of Germany.
(19) Russian tennis player Maria Sharapova got banned for 2 years by the International Tennis Federation.
(20) Rafael Nadal defeated Frenchman Gael Monfils and grab the 2016 Monte Carlo Masters title.
(21) The Usain Bolt won the inaugural Jamaica National Racers Grand Prix.
(22) TRAI launched a mobile app. called as ‘MySpeed’ for measuring real-time mobile Internet speed that consumers get.
(23) Launched of an online portal designed to monitor the functioning of nearly 645 Krishi Vigyan Kendras by Agriculture Minister.
(24) A mobile app called as ‘Surya Mitra’ was launched at the national workshop on rooftop solar power in the New Delhi.
(25) Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan was launched by the Union Govt. for aims with boosting the health care facilities for the pregnant women, especially the poor.
(26) BHEL Commissions 500 MW Thermal Power Unit at Jharkhand and 600 MW Thermal Power Plant at Madhya Pradesh.
(27) To make all national highways free of Railway crossings by 2019, the Setu Bharatam project anounced by Central Government.
(28) PM Narendra Modi visited the United States to attended the 4th Nuclear Security Summit in Washington DC.
(29) Artemi Panarin (a Russian hockey winger) won the 2015-2016 Calder Memorial Trophy.
(30) In the 25th edition of the Sultan Azlan Shah C in Ipoh (Malaysia), India defeated by Australia in the final.
(31) The Govt. of Assam has launched the ‘Maitree Ek Gyan Yatra’ to link primary schools to high schools to colleges in the State.
(32) Ministry of HRD has announced the launch of a multilingual knowledge portal www.bharatavani.in to ensure universalisation of education and creation of a knowledge society in this digital age.
(33) PM Narendra Modi launched ‘Gram Uday Se Bharat Uday Abhiyan’ at Mhow in MP to strengthen Panchayati Raj in villages and ensure the social harmony in all villages.
(34) Prime Minister Narendra Modi when visit to Mozambique made three agreements as- MoU on cooperation in the field of youth affairs and sports, long-term agreement for the purchase of pulses and reduction of drug trafficking and psychotropic substances and related materials.
(35) While some changes in Union Cabinet Ministry Ravishankar Prasad selected as new law minister.
OTHER IMPORTANT GK NOTES
(36) The Arctic Ocean is the smallest of the world’s five oceans and have two seasonal waterways.
(37) As record the total length of Ganga river is almost 2525 Kilometer. This divided as 1450 km in Uttarakhand and UP then 445 km in Bihar and 520 km in West Bengal.
(38) Under Article 124 (1) the Indian constitution originally provided for 1 Chief Justice of India and not more than 6 other judges.
(39) The first woman judge of the Supreme Court was Justice Fatima Beevi in 1987.
(40) Robert Hook (was an english scientist) invented the ‘Cell’ in 1665.
(41) The ‘Red Soil’ covers 10% area of the India, mostly in the south-eastern part of the Peninsular India.
(42) According to the world Scientists, the formation and evolution of the Solar System was started by 4.6 billion years ago.
(43) Every day the Earth spins from west to east in 23 hrs, 56 min and 40.91 sec.
(44) Brahmaputra river has a total length of 2900 Kilometer (rises from Chemayungdung glacier in Tibet), when enters the Indian territory (in Arunachal Pradesh) Brahmaputra river called as Dihang river.
(45) Earth‘s motion in elliptical orbit around the sun and it takes 365 days, 5 hrs, 48 min and 45.51 sec.
(46) In the part of Earth Atmosphere the ‘Thermosphere’ is lies at 80 km to 640 km above the earth’s surface.
(47) Gulf of Kuchch (at west of Gujarat) is the region with highest potential of tidal energy generation.
(48) Chilka Lake (situated in the state Orissa) is the largest brackish water lake of India.
(49) The ‘Alluvial Soil’ In India covers about 40% of the total land area.
(50) In India there are 96 National Parks and 510 Wildlife Sanctuaries (Maximum in Madhya Pradesh and Andaman and Nicobar Islands).
Read More GK