Know All About NCAA “National Collegiate Athletic Association” United States
Hello GK Readers,
Today we are making live our new post on “NCAA Tournament”, we have bring some very quick observation points for you, we hope these points will help you to increase your knowledge about “NCAA Tournament”.
Happy Knowledge Banking…
- The NCAA is also branded as “NCAA March Madness”.
- This is a single-elimination tournament played each spring in the United States.
- Currently 68 college basket ball teams are participating in this tournament.
- NCAA Division I(D-I) is the highest level of intercollegiate athletics sanctioned.
- The Full form of NCAA is “National Collegiate Athletic Association”.
- This tournament was created in 1939.
- It was created by the “National Association of Basketball Coaches”.
- Coach Harold Olsen given the idea of this Tournament.
- Harold Olsen belongs to “Ohio” State.
- Harold Olsen was died 29-Oct-1953.
- The tournament teams include champions from 32 “Division I” conferences.
- Teams are chosen by an NCAA selection committee.
- The 68 teams are divided into four regions.
- Each region has at least sixteen teams.
- Each team ranked within its region from 1st to 16th.
- “The Final Four” round is usually played during the first weekend of April.
- This tournament has been at least partially televised since 1969.
- This Tournament is broadcast by the famous CBS, TBS, TNT, and truTV channels name as NCAA March Madness.
- Duke University has won five championships.
- NCAA gives awards to the National Champions a gold-plated Wooden NCAA National Championship trophy.
**Thank you for reading this post**
Please keep in touch with us for more update/knowledge, friends please don’t forget to comment in the below comment box, this will help us to know your requirement and increase our quality.
ALSO READ United States Latest Current Affairs: