Last Updated on April 18, 2019 by GKQUESTIONBANK
Top 10 Technology Giant Company In The World
| GK Notes |
Technology and Science is the factor behind on the growth of modern humanity on the Earth. In this post we are sharing with you the important General Knowledge Notes about ‘Top 10 Technology Giant Company In The World’ and these GK Notes are very important to read for upcoming competitive examinations preparations.
Here we have listed the Top 10 Technology Giant Company In The World GK Notes and we hope you will like these Notes on Top 10 Technology companies in the world.
Important Key Notes about the Microsoft Company
- Microsoft was Founded April 4, 1975 in Albuquerque, New Mexico, U.S.
- ‘Bill Gates’ and ‘Paul Allen’ is the founders of Microsoft.
- Currently Microsoft Headquarter is located at Redmond, Washington, U.S.
- Main products of Microsoft are: Windows, Office, Servers, Skype, Visual Studio, Dynamics and Xbox.
- Microsoft have 131,300 employees in the company according to 2018 reports.
- The Microsoft Windows logo represent Microsoft’s 4 top products; Windows (blue), Office (red), Xbox (green) and Bing (yellow).
- Currently ‘Satya Nadella’ is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Microsoft since 2014.
Important Key Notes about the Facebook Company
- Facebook is the social networking company and the site of Facebook was launched in February 4, 2004.
- ‘Mark Zuckerberg’ is the key person behind on the foundation of Facebook.
- Currently the Facebook Headquarter is located in California, United States of America.
- Facebook main services includes the : Facebook, Facebook Watch, Facebook Messenger. Facebook also purchased many companies including Instagram in 2012 and WhatsApp in 2014.
- There are total 25,105 employees working in Facebook according to the 2017 reports.
- Since 2005, Facebook services are using worldwide except some blocking countries.
- Facebook have almost 2.2 billion monthly active users according to January 2018 reports.
- Instagram and WhatsApp are subsidiaries of the Facebook.
- Currently ‘Mark Zuckerberg’ is the CEO of Facebook.
Important Key Notes about the Google Company
- Google LLC is the multinational technology company and specializes in Internet-related services and products.
- Google was founded on September 4, 1998.
- Founder of Google is ‘Larry Page’ and ‘Sergey Brin’.
- According to the 1st quarter of 2018 the 85,050 employees working in Google.
- Headquarter of Google is located in Mountain View, California, U.S.
- Main key products and services are offer by Google: Internet, Software, Computer hardware and Pixel Smart-phones.
- Alphabet Inc. is the parent company of Google since 2015.
- Currently the ‘Sundar Pichai’ is the CEO of Google since 2 October 2015.
Important Key Notes about the Apple Company
- American multinational technology company ‘Apple’ was founded in April 1, 1976. In January 1977 it was incorporated as Apple Computer, Inc.
- ‘Steve Jobs’, ‘Ronald Wayne’ and ‘Steve Wozniak’ are the founder of Apple Inc.
- Current Headquarters of the Apple is located in Cupertino, California, U.S.
- Apple top products are as Computer hardware and software, Consumer electronics and iPhones.
- Till the end of 2017 total 123,000 employees are working under the company.
- The first logo of Apple Inc. was designed by Ron Wayne.
- In June 29, 2007 Steve Jobs introduced the first-generation iPhone with an AT&T contract.
- Currently the ‘Timothy Donald Cook’ also known as Tim Cook is the CEO of Apple inc.,. He was named as the new Chief Executive Officer of Apple Inc. on August 24, 2011.
Important Key Notes about the IBM Company
- IBM (International Business Machines) Corporation was founded on June 16, 1911 in New York, U.S.
- ‘Charles Ranlett Flint’ was founder of the IBM.
- IBM major Products and services are as: Cloud computing, Cognitive computing, Commerce, Data and Analytics, Internet of Things (IoT), IT infrastructure and security services in 177 countries of the world.
- Till 2017 there are total 380,300 employees working in IBM.
- IBM have 12 research labs which is largest industrial research organization in the world.
- ‘Ginni Rometty’ is the CEO of IBM since January 1, 2012.
Important Key Notes about the Twitter Company
- Twitter is the social networking service and founded in March 21, 2006.
- ‘Jack Dorsey’, ‘Noah Glass’, ‘Biz Stone’ and ‘Evan Williams’ are the founder of Twitter.
- The headquarter of Twitter is located in San Francisco, California, United States.
- Twitter is the source of News and social networking service around the globe.
- Twitter have almost 336 million monthly active users till 1st quarter of 2018.
- Currently ‘Jack P. Dorsey’ is the CEO of Twitter.
Important Key Notes about the Amazon Company
- Amazon belongs to Online shopping business and Amazon.com, Inc., was founded by ‘Jeff Bezos’ on July 5, 1994.
- Currently the headquarter of Amazon is located in Seattle, Washington, U.S.
- Amazon become most valuable retailer in the United States in 2015 and 4th most valuable public company in the world.
- The key functions of Amazon is Amazon Appstore, Amazon Echo, Amazon Kindle, Amazon Prime and Amazon Video.
- According to 2017 reports 566,000 employees working in the Amazon.
- Amazon services are served worldwide including separate retail websites for different countries.
- The Iconology Inc., ‘ComiXology’ was bought by Amazon in April 2014.
- Currently ‘Jeff Bezos’ is the CEO of Amazon.
Larsen & Toubro
Important Key Notes about the Larsen & Toubro (L&T) Company
- Larsen & Toubro was founded by ‘Henning Holck-Larsen’ and ‘Soren Kristian Toubro’ in 1938 in Mumbai.
- Till March 2018, total 104,027 employees are working under L&T.
- Larsen & Toubro have business in Real estate, Construction, IT Services, Power, Heavy equipment and Electrical equipment.
- Larsen & Toubro products and services are serving worldwide.
- Headquarter of L&T is Ballard Estate, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
- ‘Statue of Unity’ located near the Sardar Sarovar Dam, Gujarat and this biggest statue of the world is being made (4 years plan) by Larsen & Toubro since 2014.
- Currently the ‘S. N. Subrahmanyan’ is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Larsen & Toubro since July 1, 2017.
Important Key Notes about the Samsung Group
- South Korean multinational conglomerate ‘Samsung’ Group was founded on 1 March 1938.
- ‘Lee Byung-chul’ was founder of the Samsung Group.
- Samsung served there products and services worldwide and have 489,000 employees according to 2014 report.
- Samsung Electronics, Samsung Life Insurance, Samsung Fire & Marine, Samsung C&T Corporation and few others are Divisions of the Samsung Group.
- Headquarter of the Samsung is located at Seocho District, Seoul, South Korea.
- Current logo of Samsung is in used since 1993 and basic color in the logo is blue.
- ‘Lee Kun-hee’ is currently the chairman of Samsung Group.
Important Key Notes about the Tata Group
- Indian multinational conglomerate holding company ‘Tata Group’ was founded in 1868.
- ‘Jamshedji Tata’ (1839-1904) was the founder of Tata Group.
- Tata Group have numbers of subsidiaries in the field of Steel, Telecommunication, Airlines, Automotive, Consumer goods, Chemicals, Defence & Aerospace, Health-care, Information technology, Locomotives etc.
- Taj Mahal Palace Hotel in Mumbai was build under the command of Jamshedji Tata (Taj hotel was open in 16 December 1903).
- Tata Communications (formerly called as VSNL) is the subsidiary company of Tata Group. This company was founded in 1986.
- Tata Motors Limited is the subsidiary company of Tata Group and got ranked 226th world’s biggest corporations as of 2016 on the Fortune Global 500 list.
- There are total 695,699 employees are working under the Tata Group in 2017 reports.
- Jaguar is the luxury vehicle brand of Jaguar Land Rover which is owned by the Tata Motors since 2008.
- Chairman of Tata group is ‘Natarajan Chandrasekaran’ since 2017.
Note: Chairman of Tata Sons is usually the Chairman of the Tata Group.
Note: All Notes are taken from various Wikipedia articles. To learn more about each company you can go to the article in Wikipedia or company sites.
THANK YOU FOR READ THIS POST.
WE HOPE THIS HELP YOU TO INCREASE YOUR GENERAL KNOWLEDGE.
KINDLY DO SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS TOO.