This Post Last Updated On
TOP 20 GK NOTES ON INDIA’S FIRST LOKPAL “P. C. GHOSE”
Hello GK Readers,
Today we have bring some information about P. C. Ghose “The first Lokpal of India”, and Lokpal, recently he was in news headline after Supreme Court order to appoint India’s Lokpal, Govt. of India came in action and President of “Shri Ram Nath Kovind” administered oath to first Lokpal of India, Let’s know more about him in the below mentioned points.
Happy knowledge banking…
Top 20 Notes on INDIA’S FIRST LOKPAL “P. C. GHOSE”
- Pinaki Chandra Ghose was born in 28 May 1952.
- P.C. Ghose born in Kolkata.
- His father name is Late Shri Justice “Sambhu Chandra Ghose”.
- Shri Justice “Sambhu Chandra Ghose” was the former Chief Justice of Calcutta High Court.
- P.C. Ghose is currently Lokpal of India since 19th March 2019.
- A Lokpal is an “Anti-Corruption Authority” or “Ombudsman”, who represents the public interest. The concept of an ombudsman is borrowed from Sweden.
- The term “Lokpal” was coined by “Dr. L.M.Singhvi” in 1963.
- Justice P. C. Ghose was selected by committee headed by the Prime Minister “Narendra Modi“.
- The same selection committee will choose the Lokpal’s other members. Under the 2013 Act, the Lokpal should consist of a chairperson and such number of members, not exceeding eight, of whom 50% should be judicial members.
- “President of India” Mr. Ram Nath Kovind administered oath to P. C. Ghose on 23 March 2019.
- As Lokpal of the India, P. C. Ghose will have the power of inquiry into allegations of corruption against sitting and former ministers and parliamentarians.
- Ghose is a retired judge of the Supreme Court of India.
- He had served as Chief Justice of the Andhra Pradesh High Court.
- He was the Justice of the Calcutta High Court.
- P.C. Ghose was appointed as the judge of the Calcutta High Court in 1997.
- He is presently a member of the “National Human Rights Commission”.
- He has been associated with “National Human Rights Commission” since June 29, 2017.
- Ghose will remain at the post of Lokpal till his age of 70 years.
- P.C. Ghose was retired from supreme Court in 2017.
- The selection procedure for these Lokpal and other members is the same as that for the chairperson. A search committee will prepare a panel of candidates, a selection committee will recommend names from among this panel, and the President will appoint these as members.
Thanks for reading this post and don’t forget to subscribe our website. Keep in touch with us and your Feedback or Requirements are very important for us. Please go to the comment box and write what do you feel about this post and let us know your requirement. We feels happy to serve you best knowledge.
Read more Post: