Top 20 Important GK Notes About Boeing Chinook Helicopter
Read below the most important TOP 20 IMPORTANT GK NOTES ABOUT BOEING CHINOOK HELICOPTER. We have given the top 20 key notes about this topic and we think that it might be very helpful for you and your study.
TOP 20 IMPORTANT GK NOTES ABOUT BOEING CHINOOK HELICOPTER
1. Chinook is developed by American rotorcraft company Boeing Vertol. Company stared the manufacturing of Chinook Helicopter in 1957.
2. Boeing has been developing Chinook helicopters for more than 50 years.
3. Chinook’s Initial models were fitted with engines rated at 2,200 horsepower each.
4. CH-47 Chinook is re-designated from pre-1962 Model 114 development aircraft.
5. It has three external ventral cargo hooks to carry underslung loads with the payload capacity of Chinook is about 10 tonne.
6. It is Capable of a top speed of 315 km/h (170 knots , 196 mph) and it has digitized flight controls system.
7. It has the composite rotor blades.
8. CH-47F Chinook is powered by two 4,733-horsepower Honeywell engines.
9. Chinook is powered by two Lycoming T55 turboshaft engines.
10. If one engine fails, the other can drive both rotors.
11. Chinook is a significant force multiplier Helicopter.
12. Chinook is used by more than 19 countries armed forces including the Italy, Australia, Spain, Netherlands, Greece, UK, Canada, Japan, South Korea, UAE, US Army, US Army Reserve and the National Guard.
13. Chinook name came from the Native American Chinook people of modern day Washington State.
14. Not only Chinook used for military operations but also for disaster relief, search and recovery operations, medical evacuation, fire-fighting and civil development.
15. It has fully-integrated digital cockpit management system, along with Common Aviation Architecture and advanced cargo-handling capabilities.
16. It is best used as a military aircraft but there are famous civilian models designed for commercial transportation.
17. Variants of Chinook Helicopters are : HC-1B, CH-47A, ACH-47A, CH-47B, CH-47C, CH-47D, MH-47D, CH-47F, MH-47G, CH-47J, HH-47.
18. The civilian version of the Chinook is the Boeing Vertol 234 and latest mainstream generation of Chinook is the CH-47F.
19. The first 4 of the 15 Chinook CH-47F (I) have arrived in India from the US on 10th Feb 2019.
20. The U.S. Army and the Royal Air Force are its two largest users of Chinook helicopters.
Thank you for read this post. If you like this post then please share with your friends.
SUBSCRIBE US FOR DAILY UPDATES.
RECOMMENDED POSTS TO READ NEXT: