This Post Last Updated On
United States of America Current Affairs 2020
Welcome in ‘GKQUESTIONBANK‘. This post is all about Latest ‘United States of America Current Affairs 2020‘.
‘United States of America Current Affairs 2020’ is the post where you can read latest Current Affairs 2020, General Knowledge and Latest Trending News about United States. Our team research over the Internet and find the best source of news data where we get the Current Affairs related latest news and articles related to the United States for 2020.
Just read out United States of America Current Affairs 2020 and Increase your General Knowledge Level for any Competition.
USA CURRENT AFFAIRS 2020 NEWS & UPDATES
29 May 2020
On Saturday, May 30, as NASA and SpaceX launch astronauts ‘Robert Behnken’ and ‘Douglas Hurley’ to the International Space Station. Launch going to conduct from Launch Complex 39A at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida.
28 May 2020
- Coronavirus testing automated machines In the U.S. that can run hundreds of diagnostic tests at once demand is outstripping supply according to Three machine manufacturers – Hologic Inc., Roche and Abbott Laboratories. Experts also warn the lack of machines will hold the U.S. back from ramping up diagnostic testing to better understand where the coronavirus is spreading.
- Four Minneapolis police officers were fired on Tuesday (May 26, 2020) when George Floyd, an unarmed black man, died while being arrested by a police officer in Minneapolis who pinned him to the ground with his knee.
27 May 2020
More than 100,000 people have died in the United States from COVID-19 according to a report of Johns Hopkins University.
26 May 2020
- Twitter for the first time has placed a fact-checking warning on a tweet issued by President Trump in which he claims without evidence that mail-in ballots are fraudulent on May 26, 2020.
- Coronavirus made biggest impact in the United States. Country is about to hit 100,000 deaths from COVID-19.
25 May 2020
US President Donald Trump visited Fort McHenry in Baltimore to remember those soldiers who have fallen in service of the United States. President Donald Trump also began by invoking the country’s fight against the coronavirus. Trump said “In recent months our nation and the world have been engaged in a new form of battle against an invisible enemy”.
24 May 2020
According to the White House on May 24, 2020 ‘President Donald Trump’ is barring the entry of most non-U.S. citizens who have been in Brazil within the past 14 days.
23 May 2020
- According to the U.S. Travel Association ‘more than half of the industry’s 15.8 million workers have lost their jobs’ during coronavirus pandemic 2020.
- White House adviser Ja’Ron Smith say that ”the administration is looking for ways to extend its Opportunity Zone program in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic’. White House is looking at extending a tax break for investments in certain low-income neighborhoods.
22 MAY 2020
According to the President ‘Donald Trump’- U.S. government buildings, military posts and embassies will fly the flag at half-staff through Memorial Day weekend. This announcement made for the memory of the people who have died of COVID-19 in the country. Announced made on May 21, 2020.
21 MAY 2020
- To explain the Coronavirus Pandemic to future generations, the National Museum of American History and the Anacostia Community Museum have launched coronavirus collection projects. According to the chair of the American History Museum’s medicine and science division ‘Alexandra Lord’ “Obviously those are objects we will not collect until the pandemic has really wound down”.
- United States economy is in the process of thawing out which was frozen by COVID-19 shutdowns. Connecticut became the final state in US to let business serve customers more directly allowing outdoor seating at restaurants, and non-essential retail stores and malls can also reopen in the state.
- On May 20, 2020 a dozen barbers and hair stylists, highlighting the damage to their shuttered businesses by cut hair on the Michigan Capitol Lawn to protest Anti-Coronavirus Shutdown.
- As of May 20, all 50 states have begun the process of easing restrictions on businesses but public health experts warning that this opening is too soon in many states.
- According to the Census Bureau, half of U.S. households lost wages due to the Coronavirus Pandemic.
20 MAY 2020
- According to ‘Target Corporation’ 5 million people shopped on Target’s website for the first time in the past three months which results online sales jumped 141% from a year earlier. Target remained open during the coronavirus pandemic.
- After rising waters from the Tittabawassee River, thousands of residents in central Michigan have been forced to evacuate their homes on May 19, 2020 reports.
- According to the announcement (on May 19) made by ‘Johnson & Johnson’ company, the sales of Talcum-Based Baby Powder is to stop in the United States and Canada after being ordered to pay out billions of dollars related to lost legal battles.
- According to the Data Scientist ‘Rebekah Jones’ she has been fired for refusing to manipulate the data. She was the manager of the Geographic Information System team at Florida’s Department of Health. She help to create a dashboard for monitoring rising number of COVID-19 cases in the Florida.
- United States and Canada have extended an order closing their shared border to nonessential traffic until June 21, 2020.
NEWS SOURCE: NPR.ORG & Other News Channels.
Note: This post update 7 times in a week and information collected from various news channels & online current news portals in the USA.
Do you want read Important General Knowledge (GK) of United States?